How to Take Care of Your Fur Jacket or Coat?
Owning a fur coat is like giving major fashion goals. But, it requires an exceptional amount of care to last longer. It is important to know to take assistance from the dry cleaning service for maintaining your fur coat. This may include deodorizing, cleaning, and conditioning the fur in your coat. As they need extra care to retain their warmth, you should always take help from a professional jacket dry cleaning company as they have the requisite equipment to do so. You should take care of the fact that fur coats should not be washed at home in any way as the material will get damaged. Under-mentioned are few ways that can be considered at the time of cleaning your fur coat:
Ways To Consider For Your Fur Jacket Dry Cleaning:
- First of all, shaking the fur to remove any dirt settled on it. In this regard, it is necessary to hold the coat from the shoulders. You may turn the coat inside out and shake it again for removing maximum dirt accumulated on your fur coat. Certainly, fur coats necessitate high-end care for adding life to the dress form. After shaking, it is necessary to hang your coat on a broad shouldered hanger as it retains the shape.
- Use a specialized fur cleaning brush to remove the leftover dirt by brushing gently. It is necessary for you to start from the top of the coat. Further to this, brush the coat downwards in the direction of fur. Make sure to apply smaller and gentle strokes on one part at a time. Do not make long strokes or clean the coat in one stroke. It should be noted that fur brushes have broad-spaced teeth with soft edges, which prevent the damage of fur material.
- Apart from clearing the dust through a brush, you can try taking assistance from dry cleaning service. They will ensure using high-quality products to handle your fur coat with ease. Make sure to get such services from a reputed drycleaner, who has years of experience in cleaning fur coats.
- When it comes to the matter of taking care of your fur coat, be sure that it should not be exposed to sunlight. This will lead your coat to fade and lose its lustrous appeal as well. Also, at the time of storing in the cupboard, the fur coat should not be crushed under other items. Moreover, you should not use mothballs or put them in the fur coat because the balls have the ability to absorb moisture that will dry the fur.
- In order to take care of your fur coat, you should make sure to store it in a cool place where sunlight does not reach in excess. The storage place has to be clean, light-controlled, and humidity-free for better protection of the fur coat. This will, also, safeguard your fur coat from premature aging.
Professional Natural Fur Coat Cleaning Process:
- The job of a fur expert is to check your coat for rips, stains, and tears. He would hand-clean the lining areas as they get most of the spots.
- Further, the fur coat is retained in a big drum with sawdust and an environmentally-safe cleaning solution in it. As the coat is tumbled, the dust and oil starts removing from the coat. After this, the coat is vacuumed to eradicate the sawdust and hand steamed for removing the final residues.
- Lastly, the electrifying process is used, through large rollers, for lifting each hair of fur in the same direction. This will make your fur coat appear nicer than before.
Being organic material, they do not last longer. But, proper maintenance will always add to their lifespan. It is certain that a fur coat may last for generations on being taken proper care of. Along with proper conditioning and storing, taking help from jacket dry cleaning services is the most important factor. There is a possibility that fur coats may dry up quickly without proper care, storage, and conditioning.
As fur coats are costly, they are seen as investments that should be retained for a longer time period. If this material is taken care properly; then, the fur coat will retain its high-quality shine and appeal. So, it is really important you should use qualitative products in cleaning them or take help of the dry cleaning service.