How To Repair and Take Care Of Your Shoes And Boots?
Shoes are an essential part of your wardrobe. You can choose shoe repair service in London to restore your favorite shoes. You will keep a shoe kit for the regular maintenance of your shoes. Shoe skit contains applicator brushes, shoe polish, waterproofing spray, and clean cotton clothes so that you can take care of your shoes regularly. Some essential tips will help you to take care and repair your shoes.
Effective Tips To Repair Your Shoes & Boots:
Storing of Shoes:
It would be perfect if you keep your shoes in a cool and dry place. You can store your shoes in cubies or on shelves. Otherwise, you can use shoe bags with many pockets for small dwelling space. It will be better to hang the shoe bag on the backside of the door. Apart from this, you can use the original shoe box by labeling them for easy identification. It would be the right option if you clean the dirt to keep your shoes to the already mentioned places. You can use a shoe tree or stuffing tissue paper or old newspaper to maintain the proper shape of your shoes. Shoe trees are readily available and less expensive, and they help to keep your shoes in the appropriate shape.
Keep Clean Your Shoes:
It would be best if you spray a waterproof solution to your new shoes. It will help the surface of shoes to get marred, and it will resist getting wet in the rain. You can handle odor issues by using some materials. You can swab them with alcohol or a drop of tea tree oil, which acts as an antifungal agent. You should wear a hose or sock liner to protect against sweat.
Use a Shoe Care Kit:
The shoe care kit is essential to maintain regular care of the shoes. It contains a suede cleaner and leather cleaner for cleaning. It also includes cream and polish according to the most common color of shoe leather, suede brush, and liquid cleaning, and a horsehair brush.
Also Read: Things to Keep in Mind Before Washing Duvets
Procedure To Polish Leather Shoes:
- Clean the shoes with a horsehair brush.
- Remove the shoelace and polish the surface of the shoe, taking a small amount of polish into a little rag.
- Let the shoe dry up for a few hours or overnight.
- Use a horsehair brush to buff the shoes to make them shine.
Procedure To Repair Shoes:
- Reattaching of the shoe sole: Use a wet rag to clean the dust and dirt off the bottom part and the loose sole of the shoe. Let it dry for some time. Then, use 40 to 60 grits sandpaper to scratch the bottom part of the shoe and the loose sole. Apply glue to join the loose sole to the bottom part of the shoe. Also, use a hammer to press at the bottom part of the sole. Finally, use a clamp for fixing the sole in place for twenty-four hours. Then, remove the clamp and check whether the loose sole has been wholly attached or not. If you feel for a better option to choose a shoe repair shop near me, you can take their shoe repair services.
- Fixing scuffs and stains: Eliminate scuffs on your suede shoes using a pencil eraser. It would help if you gently rub it back until the scrape disappears by placing the eraser on the marked area on your shoe. You will use petroleum jelly to eliminate scuffs on your leather shoes. Take petroleum jelly in cotton and rub gently over the scuffs on your shoe. Continue rubbing to disappear or fade away the scuff on your shoe. You will use vinegar for the removal of salt stain on your leather shoes.
Purchase Quality Shoes:
You should purchase well-made quality shoes. The reason is that well-made shoes are made up of the right materials such as leather, suede, or rawhide. These materials of shoes help you to manage lots of wear and tear. If you take care of them well, you will be able to use them for an extended period.
If you are looking for a shoe repair shop near me in London & Essex then you can contact Hello Laundry which is the most popular and online shoe repair service shop in Purfleet & East London. We are always ready to provide our all services with free pickup and delivery in 24 hours.